As a Central Kentucky entrepreneur, business owner, general manager, or board member, you are an expert on the products you sell, the investments you make, and the services you provide. In a perfect world, you would be free to focus on what you're good at and love to do. Unfortunately, this is not a perfect world, and every business has legal hurdles it needs to get over now and then. That's where we come in. Our team brings decades of experience as lawyers for prominent financial and community institutions, and we have a particular passion for helping ambitious entrepreneurs establish and expand successful businesses.
If Your Kentucky Business Has Legal Needs, We Can Handle Them With Skill
Small and medium-sized Kentucky businesses have the same legal needs as large corporations, but not many small companies can afford to employ an in-house lawyer. When you work with Skeeters, Bennett, Wilson & Humphrey, however, you get all of the benefits of having a skilled, experienced legal team dedicated to your business without the overhead cost. Our business law team handles all areas of small business, corporate, and institutional law, including the following:
- New business entities. If you have an idea about starting a business but don't know where to begin, we can advise you on how to turn your idea into a real business. From deciding on the best type of entity for your business and buying or leasing commercial property to drafting contracts, we can be your legal partner in business.
- Legal challenges for established businesses. Every business encounters legal issues at some point. When that happens, you want a smart, honest lawyer to advise you. We establish long-term relationships with our business clients and are there for them for all the issues they may face.
- Buying and selling. We represent both buyers and sellers involved in the acquisition or disposition of established businesses and commercial real estate.
- Employment law. From drafting and enforcing employment contracts to defending against internal lawsuits and negotiating NDAs and separation agreements, our business lawyers are well-versed in all areas of Kentucky employment law.
- Contracts. In addition to employee contracts, our lawyers also handle other types of business contracts, including partnership agreements, leases, supplier and merchant agreements, and sales contracts. Boilerplate documents are risky; trust us to draft custom contracts to protect your business.
- Debt collection. Our services include everything from seeking recovery from a client or customer who hasn't paid to more sophisticated legal remedies for financial institutions, including creditors' rights services, filing litigation to foreclose on real estate, and the collection of other secured and unsecured debts. We also handle federal bankruptcy proceedings on behalf of creditors.
- Education law and school boards. Our firm has a long tradition of service in education, beginning with our co-founder Don Skeeters' years as a teacher before becoming a lawyer. We represent area school boards when legal matters arise.
- Institutional representation. Our current clients include credit unions, banks, and water districts. We understand the unique legal needs of financial and community institutions.
Our firm is unique in that we are located in the small town of Radcliff, but we do sophisticated legal work more typically handled by larger firms in larger cities.
Our Kentucky Business and Institutional Law Attorneys Have Unmatched Skill and Experience
As a business owner, board member, or CEO, you need to be able to trust your lawyer's advice and recommendations. When you choose Skeeters, Bennett, Wilson & Humphrey, you can be certain that our decades of experience will give your business a competitive legal edge. Our clients love us because we have smart, honest, practical lawyers with the skill to handle things other firms wouldn't touch. Whenever possible, we look for common sense solutions but are willing and able to take a case to court if necessary.
Whether you are an entrepreneur with an idea or an established business in need of legal counsel, contact us here to find out what we can do for you.