Yes. People hurt in crashes caused by others are often concerned about whether they can afford to hire an attorney to protect their rights and pursue fair damages. Because Skeeters, Bennett, Wilson & Humphrey handles car accidents and other personal injury cases on contingency, you can access exceptional legal counsel without worrying about upfront costs.
Here’s what you should know about contingency agreements and how our highly skilled Central Kentucky injury lawyers can assist you after a car crash.
Our Contingency Agreement: You Pay Nothing Unless We Win Your Kentucky Car Accident Case
When a car accident caused by another person or company’s negligence leaves you with serious injuries, mounting medical bills, lost wages, and other damages, a knowledgeable and experienced attorney can help you navigate the insurance claim and litigation processes and fight for the full and fair recovery you deserve. But what if you can’t afford an attorney?
While some types of attorneys charge an hourly fee or require an advance retainer, injury lawyers, including those at Skeeters, Bennett, Wilson & Humphrey, work on contingency. Rather than charging an upfront fee for our legal services, we receive a percentage of your settlement or financial award—but only if we win your case. No win. No fee.
Contingency agreements make it possible for car crash victims to obtain representation regardless of their financial circumstances.
Take Advantage of a Free Initial Consultation
Skeeters, Bennett, Wilson & Humphrey offers complimentary, no-obligation initial consultations for Central Kentucky car accident victims. Take advantage of a free consultation to learn about your rights, explore your options for compensation, and find out if our accomplished attorneys are a good fit for your case.
Important Steps to Take After a Kentucky Car Crash
What happens in the moments, hours, and days following a car accident can significantly impact the outcome of a future personal injury insurance claim or lawsuit. Here’s what you can do to protect your right to a fair recovery:
- Report accidents involving injuries or more than $500 property damage to the police, and get an accident report
- Get contact information from everyone involved in the crash, including witnesses
- Take photos of visible injuries, property damage, and relevant road or weather conditions at the accident scene, if possible
- Seek prompt medical attention
- Notify your insurer of the accident, but don’t provide a recorded statement
- Decline to provide a recorded statement or a complete release of your medical records to the other party’s insurance company until you have talked with an injury lawyer
- Follow up with your doctor, and complete your treatment plan as prescribed
- Consult a Central Kentucky attorney with Skeeters, Bennett, Wilson & Humphrey as soon as possible
How Our Central Kentucky Car Accident Lawyers Can Help Your Case
Kentucky car crash insurance claims and lawsuits can be complex, complicated, and time-consuming. At Skeeters, Bennett, Wilson & Humphrey, our knowledgeable and experienced Radcliff-based lawyers skillfully handle all aspects of litigation, so you can focus on your recovery. Here are some examples of what our legal team does to build winning cases:
- Conduct a thorough investigation of the accident
- Identify liable parties and available insurance policies
- Help gather essential evidence to support your claim
- Estimate your damages
- Handle communication with insurers, attorneys, and other parties
- Meet deadlines and follow applicable legal procedures
- Assess and negotiate settlement offers
- Arrange for accident reconstruction experts, medical specialists, economists, and other experts to offer opinions or testify on your behalf
- Prepare your case for trial
- Argue your case in a Central Kentucky courtroom
Depending on the facts and evidence, you could be entitled to compensation for medical expenses, lost wages and earning capacity, out-of-pocket costs, physical pain and suffering, mental anguish, and other losses. If you’re ready to pursue the damages you deserve, reach out to our Kentucky car accident lawyers today at 270-351-4404 or fill out our online contact form here.